2023-2024 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Mfio5 said:

@futureobgynpa, how did the interview go? What was it like? I’m sure you must be a great candidate to get into the first round of interviews. 

Aw, thank you! I think it went alright! Everyone was super nice but I will say the one-on-one interviews were kinda like good cop/bad cop lol - my first one really was just a conversation as some people had said in past posts, but my second was more of your classic cold, hard interview where they rarely smiled or made any expressions lol. Not sure if everyone else's was like that though! It was nice to be in person and meet the students and see the facility, you can really tell they care about the students and community. The writing sample wasn't too bad and the group activity was fun! As with any program, I would say just make sure you know why their program and that you're familiar with the program & schools mission & values. Good luck everyone!! 🙂

Received rejection email on Tuesday afternoon (1 week after the interview) & spoke with Julie from admissions (absolute sweetheart) yesterday about feedback - no specific feedback, they said I was a great applicant and they just value diversity, so it appears I wasn’t the best fit for this specific class. Good luck to everyone else, you’re all amazing and they’d be lucky to have you!! 🙂

3 hours ago, Mfio5 said:

@futureobgynpa, hold your head up high. You were likely a great candidate to get an interview this early. You’ll find your place.  At least you had the opportunities to practice those interviewing skills.  

Thank you, I agree! I just wasn’t the best fit for this class, but someone else will be and I will be somewhere else 🙂 

8 hours ago, MWB2S said:

Have an interview this week!  Does anyone have any experience with the writing sample?

The writing sample wasn’t too bad, just be familiar with DeSales’ values and how they align with yours and be a reasonable person who can effectively communicate with others in a conflict 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...