2023-2024 Application Cycle

On 6/20/2023 at 12:58 PM, kmj04 said:

are you an in-state resident? I know some programs start in-state first. I currently live in north carolina.

I received an invite a couple weeks ago also. They may give priority to in-state applicants, but I am from Minnesota with no ties to the area. I hope this gives a little insight. I wish you the best of luck with the applications!

On 6/29/2023 at 11:25 AM, prepa2028 said:

Did anyone else receive the email about them being on probation? What are your thoughts about this? 

From my understanding, as long as a program is accredited-continued, provisional, or on probation on the first day of classes, you are able to sit for the PANCE. The reason they are on probation can be as little as missed paperwork, or it can be a fundamental issue that could impact your learning experience. I would suggest reading through the form they attached stating their citations and what actions they’re taking to combat them! If any stick out to you as “make it or break it”, then this may impact your decision. 

On 7/3/2023 at 12:13 PM, Onedayapa11 said:

I received an invite a couple weeks ago also. They may give priority to in-state applicants, but I am from Minnesota with no ties to the area. I hope this gives a little insight. I wish you the best of luck with the applications!

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing when you submitted?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 2:25 PM, prepa2028 said:

Did anyone else receive the email about them being on probation? What are your thoughts about this? 

Hey guys I am going to be starting this program later this month. We were invited to a meeting to ask questions and speak about their new probation status. I was freaked out at first but their pance pass rates and student retention numbers are very good so I was confused what went wrong. We were told the pa board is demanding they hire more staff to relieve the burned off their current staff so they have two spots open and are interviewing potential staff. We were also told their paperwork was not as up to date as they would like along with a few other changes (yes people craptalk the paperwork excuse but I digress). The Carilion system and Radford in general seem to have it together so I am trusting the program and hoping everything goes back to normal once they get reevaluated in 2025 🙂 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...