Touro middletown PA program 2023-2024

(This is for the middletown location) I would stay away from this program. They are a new location and extremely disorganized. A lot of us did not know that 7 people in the previous year dropped/left and when it was brought up at orientation they dismissed it and told us to not listen to what anyone says and give them a chance. This is one of the most expensive programs you can go to and it's not worth your money. Not only are they disorganized but the program is treated like a step child. It's ran through the medical program and we are not allowed to use half of the resources or premises because we are not the "med program" when it was told in the beginning that we would have access to everything that the med students did. The biggest problem here is that they think its acceptable to give 9 classes at one time reaching 21 credits and 7 of them are upper level sciences. Im talking about BIO chem, immune, micro, anatomy lab and lecture, physiology and so on. Half of the class was failing all year and they just dismissed 7 people in this new class because they couldn't pass. When this is brought up to the administration their comment is "PA school is hard". Yes, you are right it is hard but it's not unreasonable. Other programs around the country have about 5 classes reaching 21 credits giving you time to focus on every thing but this program seems like they just want you to be a robot and expect you to handle 9 classes making all As. All Bs puts you on probation???!! 1st years and 2nd years mental health went down the drain and half experienced panic attacks daily because of the curriculum and the way it is set up. It's almost impossible unless you can memorize things in a day or two but if you can not study that way don't even give this program your time, their expectations are not realistic. ALSO let's not forget to mention that they accepted students up until the day before classes started...that just screams red flags.  We all wished reviews were out there for this program last year but there wasn't and half of us got stuck not finding this all out until we were already months in. Goodluck and I hope this is helpful 

Edited by AnnieJ
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I second the above comment. Please do yourself a huge favor and don't attend this PA program. They are the definition of disorganized and do not have their students best interest in mind. They lost almost 10 people this first semester... just like they did for the second year class, and are leaving students in the program who cheat, and are unprofessional. They 100% should not be giving students TEN classes in their first semester. And when half the class started to fail they get DO students to tutor them but the DO students have their own responsibilities so of course that wasn't going to help, they aren't available whenever the PA students need them. Faculty will sit there and tell you PA school is hard, yes it is. I think I speak for everyone who applies to PA school, WE KNOW. But you should not be over working students to this extent and have zero support when mental health is affected and when grades drop. It should not be a trend where students are constantly in tears in their academic advisors office. And we should not feel targeted by our classmates either, where some people were betting on who will drop out of the class first. Overall, the program has zero consideration for those who worked hard and showed dedication throughout the semester and improved grades. They rather give chances to the the people who cheat because hey their grades look good so it makes them look good as a program. That's besides the point, I wish I waited to hear back from other programs because I 10000000000000000000000000000000000% would have went else where. This program gave me severe anxiety and panic attacks. It is way too expensive for what it provides. I cannot speak for other locations, but please stay away from the Middletown Touro PA program. I wish I had reviews before this all happened but I am here to save any other students from experiencing what we did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 7:16 AM, Nards said:

Hi, I was recently accepted. I would love to connect with other prospective students!

Congrats! I have an upcoming interview and was hoping to see if you would be willing to share how it was structured.

Did you by any chance ask about the students who were dismissed?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got accepted to this program and my deposit is soon. Does anyone want to connect on potentially renting a place together ? 
Also, I have been reading negative comments regarding this program and I am worried about that. I will be moving from California so it will be a big change for me. Does anyone know how true is that ? Do people really drop that much ? 

12 hours ago, Aj01234 said:

I got accepted to this program and my deposit is soon. Does anyone want to connect on potentially renting a place together ? 
Also, I have been reading negative comments regarding this program and I am worried about that. I will be moving from California so it will be a big change for me. Does anyone know how true is that ? Do people really drop that much ? 

When did you interview? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest FuturePaNyc

The comments above seem to be from students who might not have done well on the exam and are looking for someone or something to blame. As a student I attended this program and can say that the faculty, especially Director Hee, is very supportive. The program is well-organized, and everything you need is clearly presented, and religious accommodations meet without question. Success just requires hard work and dedication. Doctor Stolarz and advisors like Professor Quezada have provided guidance on managing stress, planning study days, and taking appropriate breaks .Doctor Storlaz and advisors like Professor Quezada have provided guidance on managing stress, planning study days, and taking appropriate breaks.Exams have review sessions, and you're informed about what will be covered. I liked how the program is structured, and it's clear they are dedicated to producing excellent PAs in New York. I enjoyed my time there, and the comments above don't accurately represent the program.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 2:12 PM, FuturePaNyc said:

The comments above seem to be from students who might not have done well on the exam and are looking for someone or something to blame. As a student I attended this program and can say that the faculty, especially Director Hee, is very supportive. The program is well-organized, and everything you need is clearly presented, and religious accommodations meet without question. Success just requires hard work and dedication. Doctor Stolarz and advisors like Professor Quezada have provided guidance on managing stress, planning study days, and taking appropriate breaks .Doctor Storlaz and advisors like Professor Quezada have provided guidance on managing stress, planning study days, and taking appropriate breaks.Exams have review sessions, and you're informed about what will be covered. I liked how the program is structured, and it's clear they are dedicated to producing excellent PAs in New York. I enjoyed my time there, and the comments above don't accurately represent the program.

As a current student part of the inagural class, no one has completed this program yet as this poster implies they have. I also looked at their past post history and it is not indicative of a current Touro Middletown student. As previous posts have mentioned the attrition rate at this program is significantly higher than the national average attrition rate for PA schools.