2023-2024 Cycle for Stanford

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Motherofterror said:

I just took the CASPer on Tuesday and dear god, definitely feel like I bombed that. 

Same here! Such a silly test haha. I definitely feel like I did bad on the verbal recorded responses; it’s just so little time to read a question and recall what you just watched before it starts! If it’s any consolation, I heard feeling like it was a hard test is very normal. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sciencewiz said:

Did anyone else just receive an interview waitlist email? I haven’t seen any mention of this on the forum in previous years? I’m surprised they’re sending out interview invites already, I wonder what’s the chance I make it off the waitlist?

I haven’t received anything yet. When did you submit your application?

5 hours ago, sciencewiz said:

Did anyone else just receive an interview waitlist email? I haven’t seen any mention of this on the forum in previous years? I’m surprised they’re sending out interview invites already, I wonder what’s the chance I make it off the waitlist?

hey there! i also received an interview waitlist email! good luck to both of us!

6 hours ago, sciencewiz said:

I did too. I wonder what our chances are of getting off the waitlist to interview? Hopefully good 🙂

59 minutes ago, mbeanz99 said:

Can y’all share your stats? And did you all take the GRE?

cGPA: 3.95

sGPA: 3.88

GRE: 314, 5.0 writing 

PCE: 1,300 as endocrinology MA

CASPER: 4th quartile

Teaching experience: 1100+ hours as ochem TA and private tutor, spinning instructor: 72 hours

Research: 160, 2 scholarships 

Volunteer: 250

6 hours ago, mbeanz99 said:

Can y’all share your stats? And did you all take the GRE?

Here are mine:

did not take GRE, applied 7/15

cGPA: 3.76

sGPA: 3.65

casper: 3rd quartile

shadowing: 53 (primary, cardiac surgery/CCU, oncology, ortho, neuro ICU)

extracurricular: 408

leadership: 3,015 (Resident Assistant in college)

PCE: 2,956 and counting (EMT and ER Tech)

teaching: 276 and counting (precepting at work)

volunteer: 154 

research: 444

deans list 7x

EMT + BLS certifications

hope this helps!

Edited by cdubs

47 minutes ago, prepandslay said:

If you feel comfortable, would you mind sharing more of the email? I am a bit confused what interview waitlist means

In the email they sent me, they said basically “we unfortunately can’t offer you an interview right now, but we are offering to put you on a waitlist to be interviewed”. Like instead of being on a waitlist to get accepted (post interview), they are waitlisting just for the interview itself.

Just now, mbeanz99 said:

Interviews are from late Aug-October, possible they are sending an interview waitlist first to have as backups and then interview invites and rejections. 

The email stated that interviews are from early October to mid November, so I’m kinda surprised there’s a waitlist if the interview invites haven’t been sent out yet

Just now, sciencewiz said:

The email stated that interviews are from early October to mid November, so I’m kinda surprised there’s a waitlist if the interview invites haven’t been sent out yet

Interesting, according to the FAQs on the website, interviews are late Aug-October, they must have changed the timeline this year without updating the website?