2023-2024 Cycle for Dominican University of California

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, amank9 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet? Submitted my application on May 29. No communication from the program yet. 

I was verified 5/15 and got an email from Dominican on 5/30 that they received it and was under review. 

I emailed regarding a prerequisite question (5/15) and Zoe Blalock (graduate admissions counselor) responded a month later (6/12)

1 hour ago, CXLlxc said:

Warning: Dominican seems like is on probation. Please double check and see if they allow to matriculate

They do and will be matriculating the accepted class from this last cycle. The marks they received were also in regards to a small issue during Covid that has been resolved for a year now. The Western issue is very isolated and unheard of if not the 1st time this has ever happened. 

Edited by anonbis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 6:49 AM, LilyPA said:

Got an email from them on 7/25 saying my application has completed its first round of review and is now in queue for its second round of review.

Did anyone else get an email like this?

Hi! I also got the same email just now 08/03/23. I Submitted 07/30/23

21 hours ago, AsheC526 said:

Hi everyone!! To anyone that’s heard back from DU after the first review, how long did it take? I received the email that the first round was completed and that I was in queue for the second, but have no clue how long that might take and have been on my toes all week!

Verified 6/12, received notice of first round of review completed 7/25, received interview invite for 9/16 on 8/18

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 5:52 PM, anonbis said:

They do and will be matriculating the accepted class from this last cycle. The marks they received were also in regards to a small issue during Covid that has been resolved for a year now. The Western issue is very isolated and unheard of if not the 1st time this has ever happened. 

If they are matriculating the accepted class from the last cycle, does this mean the applicants from this cycle would matriculate in 2025?

Rejected from Dominican 😕  Here are my timeline & stats. Wondering if I was less competitive than other DU applicants or if they have a preference for CA students (I'm from the east coast)?

Submitted 5/31, received confirmation email 7/13, received email stating I passed 1st found of review and was in the queue for its second round of review on 8/16, was rejected on 9/12.

My stats - cGPA: 3.51, sGPA: 3.90, PCE at time of submission: 1240 hours as EMT at time of submission, GRE: 319 (Verbal 162, Quant 157, AW 4.5), Shadowing: 56 hrs of shadowing across 3 specialties, Volunteering: 85 total hrs of volunteering (33 healthcare related)

On 8/19/2023 at 6:10 PM, AsheC526 said:

Hi everyone!! To anyone that’s heard back from DU after the first review, how long did it take? I received the email that the first round was completed and that I was in queue for the second, but have no clue how long that might take and have been on my toes all week!

I received that email on 8/16 and was rejected on 9/12. Better luck to you 🙂