Free guidebook for new grads – seeking beta readers for draft 3!

Hello everyone,

I’m a practicing EM PA, educator, and a long-time friend of the forums.  I've noticed that many practices aren't training and supervising like they used to. New grads are left feeling overwhelmed and underprepared. I'm writing a guidebook to address this pain point and offer the mentorship you deserve.

The goal is to help new grads safely and efficiently transition to clinical practice. I cover everything from getting your first job to reviewing the clinical medicine you need to get up to speed. The emphasis throughout is how to safely deliver patient care as a new graduate.

I’d like to share the third draft of the book with *graduating students or new grad PAs* interested in giving feedback. Your input will make the final version as helpful as possible.

If you’re interested in becoming a beta reader and receiving a free copy, please comment below! The *first 5* to comment will get it. Please only volunteer if you have some spare time over the next month.

Thank you all,

John

Edited by SERENITY NOW
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm

On 4/26/2023 at 1:41 PM, SERENITY NOW said:

Hello everyone,

I’m a practicing EM PA, educator, and a long-time friend of the forums.  I've noticed that many practices aren't training and supervising like they used to. New grads are left feeling overwhelmed and underprepared. I'm writing a guidebook to address this pain point and offer the mentorship you deserve.

The goal is to help new grads safely and efficiently transition to clinical practice. I cover everything from getting your first job to reviewing the clinical medicine you need to get up to speed. The emphasis throughout is how to safely deliver patient care as a new graduate.

I’d like to share the third draft of the book with *graduating students or new grad PAs* interested in giving feedback. Your input will make the final version as helpful as possible.

If you’re interested in becoming a beta reader and receiving a free copy, please comment below! The *first 5* to comment will get it. Please only volunteer if you have some spare time over the next month.

Thank you all,

John

I'm interested, currently at an outpatient clinic with time allotted for administrative duties and "research." I can read your book and give you feedback.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you're still looking for readers, I'd be glad to help out.  I unfortunately have experienced exactly what you are talking about when you said "many practices aren't training and supervising like they used to. New grads are left feeling overwhelmed and underprepared."  Will your book have any tools like sample orientation and training schedules or tips for practices who are hiring new PAs?  I feel like I was pretty much thrown to the wolves in my family med job, very little actual training before being left alone to see patients -- and then berated when I couldn't keep up with unrealistic productivity standards.  I didn't know what to ask for going in.  It would be helpful to see examples of adequate and effective training models for different specialties.

• Like 1