starting from scratch and need some feedback! help please :)

I have been a CNA for the last 5 years and am currently a surgical tech in the OR wanting to pursue a career as a PA. Ive heard that there are accelerated programs designed to get your bachelors in PA requiring no pre-requisites to be accepted. Is this true? If so, what schools/programs are there like this or are at least similar? Work experience is clearly not an issue, at this point it's the fact that I do not have a bachelors or associates degree of any sort. Feedback and help from those who are more knowledgeable on this subject would be MUCH appreciated :)

There are a few all around the country and they're mostly bridge programs that PA schools have with other institutions in the area. Basically you can guarantee acceptance (or at least fairly increase your odds) of being accepted in a related PA program by committing to the bachelors program of the associated school.

I have to say after doing some research, the competition to be granted "pre-acceptance" while still finishing your bachelors is really tough. Based on stats listed on school websites, they only take the very best of the co-hort and in many times seats are limited (but it's not like that's different in any other PA program).

Hope that helps.

I believe DeSales/Arcadia and a few others in PA have programs like this. You need to take a minimum of 15 credits a semester (which if it's accelerated is assumed anyway) and maintain like 3.50 GPA every semester, or something like that. It's not impossible but will certainly be challenging and exhausting at times. I'm taking Che1/Bio1/Stat and two other classes and I'm up to my ears in goddamn Chem work. It's a reasonably heavy load and I'm only working 10-15 hours a week.

I believe DeSales/Arcadia and a few others in PA have programs like this. You need to take a minimum of 15 credits a semester (which if it's accelerated is assumed anyway) and maintain like 3.50 GPA every semester, or something like that. It's not impossible but will certainly be challenging and exhausting at times. I'm taking Che1/Bio1/Stat and two other classes and I'm up to my ears in goddamn Chem work. It's a reasonably heavy load and I'm only working 10-15 hours a week.

Hi, I go to DeSales and there is a 5-year option. It's a 5 year BS/ Master's degree however, not just a BS. The 4th year of 'undergrad' is also the first year of grad school. What you trade off in not needing pre-reqs to get in, you definitely make up for in course work while you're in the program. I didn't do the 5 year, but I took Gen Chem 1 and 2 at Desales and it's definitely tough (not just Chem, but the VERY rigorous 3 years my classmates had to do). If you can make up to the grad phase though, you will definitely be prepared to succeed in PA school.

Archived