PA School Help: Veteran Hospital Corpsmen/Medics

Welcome! 

I am a retired USN/USMC Hospital Corpsman, Fleet Marine Force, Preventive Medicine Technician; I have been working in Public Health for approximately twenty (20) years and have always wanted to become a Physician Associate/Assistant (C). I earned a Bachelor of Science, Health Science, Emergency Mangement (GPA. 3.46), and Master of Science, Health and Kinesiology, Public Health (3.54 GPA). 

Work History: U.S. Navy/Marine Corps; Veterans' Health Administration (Telehealth Clinical Technician); Epidemiology Research Team Manager (HIV/PrEP); Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Health Scientist); California Department of Public Health (Regional Capacity Building Coordinator). 

I have had to retake undergraduate prerequisite courses due to the ten (10) year maximum age of prerequisites. 

I applied to eleven (11) PA Programs during the '20-'21 Application Cycle and did not receive a single interview invitation. 

Admittedly, my "CASPA Calculated" GPA was slightly below a 3.0, due to courses taken when I was twenty years younger. 

I am now facing the reality that I have to take more undergraduate science courses to get over the 3.0 "CASPA Calculated GPA."

I know I can't be the only one; I would appreciate any help or resources.  

Ryan

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2023 at 1:26 PM, HM2FMFPMT said:

I have to take more undergraduate science courses to get over the 3.0 "CASPA Calculated GPA."

Don't know why you feel like you need help. Seems like you already know what to do. Take more classes. Get A's. Your GPA will increase. Stay motivated and stick to the path and you'll get to your destination. Whenever you apply again, programs will see the effort and increase in GPA and will look at that progress positively. Good luck! 

• 4 months later...