2023-2024 midwestern university

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I received my rejection for MWU’s last cycle just a month ago, and submitted CASPA yesterday.

At the end of last cycle, MWU sent me an application transfer email stating although I wasn’t offered a seat for their PA program, I could apply to their other programs.

SEVEN minutes after I submitted CASPA yesterday, I received that same email.

My app hasn’t even been verified, so I’m not sure what that was about. I’m hoping it was a glitch…considering they haven’t even received my new app?

This happen to anyone else? 

19 hours ago, catlover21 said:

Hey! I received my rejection for MWU’s last cycle just a month ago, and submitted CASPA yesterday.

At the end of last cycle, MWU sent me an application transfer email stating although I wasn’t offered a seat for their PA program, I could apply to their other programs.

SEVEN minutes after I submitted CASPA yesterday, I received that same email.

My app hasn’t even been verified, so I’m not sure what that was about. I’m hoping it was a glitch…considering they haven’t even received my new app?

This happen to anyone else? 

I just submitted so if this happens to me I’ll definitely let you know, it sounds like a glitch to me though??That’s the only reasonable answer I feel

Also if you feel comfortable sharing do you have an idea or maybe why the last application cycle with MWU didn’t work out for you? I’m a re-applicant too and I feel my biggest mistake was applying really late in the cycle but I’m not sure what else 

5 hours ago, thePAgirly said:

I just submitted so if this happens to me I’ll definitely let you know, it sounds like a glitch to me though??That’s the only reasonable answer I feel

Also if you feel comfortable sharing do you have an idea or maybe why the last application cycle with MWU didn’t work out for you? I’m a re-applicant too and I feel my biggest mistake was applying really late in the cycle but I’m not sure what else 

I feel like it was my PS and experience descriptions. I read them again before submitting this time and I was like… who the heck wrote these? They sucked. I changed everything! I also think I was lacking volunteer hours, so I started volunteering at a clinic and animal shelter within the past few months. My stats were well within the class profiles, so I think that’s safe to rule out!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, catlover21 said:

I feel like it was my PS and experience descriptions. I read them again before submitting this time and I was like… who the heck wrote these? They sucked. I changed everything! I also think I was lacking volunteer hours, so I started volunteering at a clinic and animal shelter within the past few months. My stats were well within the class profiles, so I think that’s safe to rule out!

Nice!! Sounds super solid I hope everything works out 🙂 and did you start volunteering again recently? Or did you start that after you applied last cycle? I was thinking about volunteering again but not sure if schools would even consider the experience if I only started it so recently 

4 hours ago, thePAgirly said:

Nice!! Sounds super solid I hope everything works out 🙂 and did you start volunteering again recently? Or did you start that after you applied last cycle? I was thinking about volunteering again but not sure if schools would even consider the experience if I only started it so recently 

I just started in like Feb/March! I had a hard time finding places near me /:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I was wondering if anybody received any confirmation e-mails confirming that the school received your CASPA-verified application? I submitted mine a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't taken the CASPER test yet? I sent the Arizona campus application as well and they got back to me quickly saying they received my application. Best of luck everybody!

On 5/15/2023 at 9:01 PM, TrashyPanda said:

Hi! I was wondering if anybody received any confirmation e-mails confirming that the school received your CASPA-verified application? I submitted mine a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't taken the CASPER test yet? I sent the Arizona campus application as well and they got back to me quickly saying they received my application. Best of luck everybody!

Same, submitted April 28th and MWU is the only school I haven't heard back from.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, catlover21 said:

Does anyone know when they start sending out invites? Do they send you an end of cycle letter or will let you know if you've been rejected? 

They start sending interview invites mid-summer, so my guess is July/August. I am not sure if they send end of cycle letters or not. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, FuturePACo2026 said:

Hi there!

Has anyone else heard back about interviews? If so, did they email you?

I submitted 5/31, verified 6/1 and app confirmed as completed. Patiently waiting on updates (hopefully an interview soon)!

Hi! I submitted 4/28 and app completed by program mid May. Still nothing 😞