San Diego Employment

Here is the problem. San Diego is a place that EVERYONE in the world wants to live. There are plenty of high paying jobs in the rural areas of California, but be prepared to look for a long time, and be paid a substandard salary, if your heart is set on staying in the metropolitan areas of the state. The same is true in LA, as well as the Bay Area.

Here is the problem. San Diego is a place that EVERYONE in the world wants to live. There are plenty of high paying jobs in the rural areas of California, but be prepared to look for a long time, and be paid a substandard salary, if your heart is set on staying in the metropolitan areas of the state. The same is true in LA, as well as the Bay Area.

This....^^^^^ Move.

San Diego native here, I can attest to the difficulty finding work in the area. You should be prepared to start applying out of your projected mileage range, while still staying in the SoCal area (i.e. Orange County, Los Angeles). Yes, you might even have to move for a while. You might also apply with as many Locum Tenens companies you can find, who can possibly find some temporary or even temp-to-hire positions for you. I worked everywhere from Bakersfield to the state of Montana for over a year before finding permanent work close to the SD area. San Diego institutions are rare to take on new grads ... for example, US Healthworks and Kaiser require a 2-year minimum of clinical experience. Remember that nothing is permanent and to just keep your eyes open for new openings ... the main thing at this point is getting to work and getting started. Good luck.

Archived