International Volunteer Work

Hey! I was looking to volunteer internationally next summer and wanted to get some feedback on what organizations are good to work with. I wanted to do something along lines of healthcare. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Also I am just looking to volunteer for about 2 weeks.

Global Medical Brigades is awesome. I went to Honduras with the chapter at my school last January and it was an amazing experience. There are chapters at universities all across the country and there are also opportunities to intern with them for a month over the summer. One of my good friends did this last summer and loved it!

I also have went with International Service Learning. I had an amazing experience. We set up free clinics and treated patients from very poor areas. We did a lot of hands on learning which is something you can't really do in the United States. We had seminars to learn about their language and to learn common illnesses they have since many of them are very different from in the U.S.

I would highly recommend looking into this organization.

http://www.ISLonline.org

• 2 weeks later...

Archived