Worth it to apply this year?

Majority of the schools I am applying to only require 250 patient care hours. I was wondering if my stats are worth it to apply this cycle or to wait another year, I really want to be accepted my first cycle to avoid paying application fees more than once. I feel like my GPA is on the lower end so I wanted to make up for it in other areas of my application. I have only been working towards PA for a couple years while in college so I'm not sure if my hours are competitive enough. Here are my projected stats at time of applying. Thanks for any feedback, would love to hear from people who have had a similar experience!

cGPA: 3.5

sGPA: 3.4

prerequisite GPA: 3.7-3.8

PCE: 750-1,000 hours (ER Tech)

HCE: 1,000 hours (patient transporter)

Shadowing: 115 hours (Nephrology, Infectious Diseases, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine)

Volunteer: 50 hours at a local family clinic for people without health insurance

Teaching: ~100 as a Microbiology TA and A&P Tutor

Leadership: ~100 as captain of my high school soccer team 

GRE: planning to take end of April, aiming for at least a 300

On 3/27/2023 at 1:59 PM, PathToPA1109 said:

Majority of the schools I am applying to only require 250 patient care hours. I was wondering if my stats are worth it to apply this cycle or to wait another year, I really want to be accepted my first cycle to avoid paying application fees more than once. I feel like my GPA is on the lower end so I wanted to make up for it in other areas of my application. I have only been working towards PA for a couple years while in college so I'm not sure if my hours are competitive enough. Here are my projected stats at time of applying. Thanks for any feedback, would love to hear from people who have had a similar experience!

cGPA: 3.5

sGPA: 3.4

prerequisite GPA: 3.7-3.8

PCE: 750-1,000 hours (ER Tech)

HCE: 1,000 hours (patient transporter)

Shadowing: 115 hours (Nephrology, Infectious Diseases, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine)

Volunteer: 50 hours at a local family clinic for people without health insurance

Teaching: ~100 as a Microbiology TA and A&P Tutor

Leadership: ~100 as captain of my high school soccer team 

GRE: planning to take end of April, aiming for at least a 300

I would apply this cycle (earlier the better). Make sure your PS and experiences are well written and you have solid LORs.

• Like 1