What are my chances?

Gpa: 3.5

sgpa: 3.2

pce hours:2500

hce hours: 500

volunteer hours: 200

shadowing hours: 200

lor: doctor, pa, office manager, science professor, volunteer supervisor. 

Planning on applying  to pa schools in New York this upcoming cycle. What are my chances and if I’m taking courses over the summer, when should I apply by? Thank you!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Habibtea said:

Gpa: 3.5

sgpa: 3.2

pce hours:2500

hce hours: 500

volunteer hours: 200

shadowing hours: 200

lor: doctor, pa, office manager, science professor, volunteer supervisor. 

Planning on applying  to pa schools in New York this upcoming cycle. What are my chances and if I’m taking courses over the summer, when should I apply by? Thank you!

Your chances look good/average for getting past the initial screening. Make sure your personal statement stands out. Get help and advice writing this if needed. Don’t underestimate how important this is to catch the eyes of the admissions team. Often the admission counselor has no medical background and only has the rubric for filtering out applications. Your chances are good if you both get through the filter and you stand out with your PS. 

As far as when to apply: always the sooner the better. In the cases of PA schools, the early bird gets the worm (if you get through the filter and catch the attention with a good PS). Check the CASPA deadlines for the NY schools you’re interested in. And good luck!