What are my chances?

Hi everyone. 

I am currently a senior in undergrad and I plan on applying to programs in the 23-24 cycle, and I would like some thoughts on my chances. 

GPA: 4.0 overall GPA after the conclusion of my senior fall semester  

PCE: 550 hours as a Personal Care Aide and Medical Assistant

Volunteering: 185 hours helping with a literacy program for underserved youth and medical mission trips

Shadowing: 100 hours between two PAs 

Leadership: I have served as a Resident Assistant on campus for 3 years and president of an honor society for 2 years.

Research: I have served on an academic research team for 3 years of undergrad. 

GRE: Haven't taken, intend to before the start of the cycle. 

My main concern is obviously the lack of PCE. I am wondering if my academics and other extracurriculars make up for the lack of PCE. 

Edited by cmh2019

Hi there! 

I think from this list you have really really good chances, especially if you beef up that PCE. When CASPA opens in April, if you are working full time now, you should have more than enough hours to make yourself a competitive candidate. Your research is another plus, not many have that. Prioritize PCE because this is really where you will find inspiration for your personal statement, and career in general.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

GPA is perfect, you will get over a 300 with your GRE.

PCE needs to be >1000 to be really competitive. You can absolutely get into some schools that favor GPA over experience, but you won't get acceptances without some experience to talk about in medicine. You've got 6 months to get some more hours, plenty of time. Prioritize getting that PCE to 1000+ and I have 0 doubt you will get plenty of interviews. 

• Like 1