PA vs BSN for military spouse

Hello all! 

I am trying to get some insight before applications start for the 23-24 cycle. I graduated from college and have been taking some extra science courses and working as a medical assistant for about 3 years now. I am finally ready and looking to apply to PA school. during my time off I began dating a member of the coast guard and have moved with him. I plan to marry the guy and that got me thinking if being a PA was really conducive to moving every 2-3 years. I am now panicking and thinking I should try to get into nursing school and then eventually try for NP. I wanted to know if others have military spouses and are able to continue to move and find jobs as a PA or if they feel like it hindered their career. Any insight or thoughts I would appreciate so much. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I have served in the military and have a couple of friends that are PAs both on active duty and now as civilians.  There are healthcare needs everywhere and that would be for a PA, nurse, or NP.  Your question, though, is as a military spouse working as a PA wherever your spouse might be stationed.

I always recommend to military spouses to do what makes them happy first and do not make decisions based upon where or you may or may not go. Is your passion or dream to be a PA?  Then do that.  Do not settle for things because you are a military spouse.

That's my two-cents...