CV with application

One of the non-CASPA schools I am applying to requires you to submit a CV with your application. Is this different from a resume - and is there a particular format I should be using? Below is what the school states to include, but are there some things that aren't listed that are typically found in a CV? I just assumed I would need to include all prior work experience, whether patient care or not, but it sounds like they just want to see direct patient care experience. I'm probably just over-thinking this but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

"Your CV should include education, awards, volunteerism, leadership positions held, and honors. Please be sure to include all patient care experience, either paid or volunteer."

Unless you've been published or served in an academic position, your CV will resemble a resume. Just make sure you include every category the school wants. You can reduce the size of your job descriptions on your resume (if you already have a resume built) for the sake of making more room for the additional topics the school wants. Your job descriptions will already be spelled out in detail in your CASPA application, and many CV's only briefly describe each position. There are some great templates available online for a CV with a quick google search. Best of luck!

Archived