Low GPA - What direction would be the most preferred choice

I am a recent graduate from a 4-year university and am looking to go back to school with PA being my ultimate goal at the end as I have realized it will take more than a little work with my undergraduate GPA. However I have realized with much research that my options are abundant, it is very overwhelming. I have looked into retaking courses at a community college, as well as going back to school to complete courses towards another degree (in either Laboratory Science or towards a BSN) to raise my overall GPA.

I have also looked into possible Post-bacc programs geared towards the needs of a Pre-PA student. I feel as if there are many options with many pros and cons within each choice. I was wondering if you could give me any advice or guidance towards the most favorable route, in your opinion.

I have slightly below a 3.0, which seems to be the minimum GPA for a good deal of Post-bacc and accelerated BSN programs, so I feel as if i definitely have to go back to retake some courses.

Thank you again for any advice you could share with me.

Archived