CV recommended?

Hello everyone,

I noticed on the UTMB webiste that they say it is helpful to include a resume with your application that highlights your educational, work and community service experience. I did not include this with my application (not sure how I would have since it's submitted electronically), but am wondering if a resume or curriculum vitae would be a good thing to give them at my interview (I've got one coming up soon). Is it a good idea to bring a CV or would that be percieved as a little odd and over eager? They already have all the info on my application anyway. Thanks

Hey dsta, I'm a current UTMB student and from what I remember of my application I think I used the student profile form provided on the website as my 'resume.' I think it wouldn't hurt to bring one to the interview, anything that makes you stand out in a positive light is a good thing! They are looking for people passionate about getting into PA school so whatever you can bring to the table, lay it out. If you decide to bring your resume to the interview bring three copies- if it is the same as last year's interviews there will be two individual faculty interviews and give a copy to Shirley to keep in your file. If you're still undecided, give Shirley McGraw a call, she can point you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

The day after?! Talk about being a stress-free process! I am from Wisconsin but hoping to go to UTMB, do any of you know how admissions feels about out of state applicants? The numbers are always really low, but I'm not sure if that's just because not as many out of state students apply or what. Thanks!

Archived