How long do the CASPA people take checking your coursework before sending to schools?

I figure that once I submit my CASPA, it will take a few days-weeks for them to check my coursework and everything else before sending my completed CASPA to schools. Also, on the CASPA participating programs list, it gives a program deadline (ex. 10/01/12) for each school. Is this the deadline for you to submit your CASPA, or is it the deadline for the school to receive your CASPA after it has been checked over? Thanks.

After your CASPA application has been verified and mailed to your program. So with your example of 10/01/12, your application has to be processed, verified and mailed before that date. You can click the programs tab on the right of the application page and it will show you when your mailing date and mailing status is. Hope this helps. Good luck.

It actually varies depending on what school you apply to, and it is the applicants responsibility to determine what the requirements of the specific school(s) they are applying to are. Here is the direct quote from CASPA regarding this issue. Hope it helps!!

"Individual deadlines are determined by the Physician Assistant programs, NOT by CASPA. Each program has published their specific deadline requirements on their info pages, which you can view by clicking on the school's name on our Participating Programs page. It is the applicant's responsibility to research the requirements of each program they wish to apply to before submitting their application. The requirements fall under one of the categories below:

• E-Submitted: The applicant must fill out their online CASPA application in full and e-submit the application to CASPA by 11:59 EST on the deadline date.
  • Completed: The CASPA application has been submitted and all payments, transcripts, and at least TWO letters of recommendation have been posted to the CASPA application on or before the deadline date.
  • Verified: The CASPA application is listed as complete and the GPA has been calculated. Please note that verification can take up to FOUR WEEKS from the date an application is listed as COMPLETE. If a school requires that an application be verified, it must be completed at least one month prior to the deadline.

Archived