General Timeline between Applications and Start of Class

Hello,

As I understand most PA schools (at least that I'm looking at) have an Application window from about April-August, then review applications and conduct interviews in the following couple months, about September-November. As far as I can tell, prospective PA's then have a time gap between of 4+ months between finishing their interviews around December and then getting admitted/ actual start of PA classes in May-June of the following year. 

Do I understand that correctly? Is this a good time to pursue traveling before the start of school? How did you/ are you planning to use that time?

Yes! That’s about correct. Every school of course has their own timeline to when applicants get notified of interviews and admission decisions so just always look out for that. In the meantime, OF COURSE now is the time to travel and have fun! Especially post acceptance, you want to be able to get certain things done before the load of PA school consumes your life lol but always remember it’s important to take care of yourself in and out of school and have a good balance of what that looks like. Time management is huge!! 

as for me, I got accepted and will be starting in January! So right around the corner! So now I’m just working and saving, and trying to enjoy my free time with family and friends as much as I can before I become really busy!