HELP!! Need to figure out what version of microbio to take

Hey everyone!! So this is my fault for not realizing that there were two versions of microbio at my CC... I was shocked when my professor said to confirm with PA school on whether the version I'm in is accepted or not. He said he's has PA students in his class before, so I'm conflicted over what version of microbio to take.

BIOL 2420 is Microbio for health sciences and is described as: An introduction to the microbial world including the basic characteristics of fungi, algae, bacteria, and viruses. Special emphasis is placed on applications to humans. This course will not count as credit toward the Associate of Science degree in Biology.

BIOL 2421 is just called Microbiology and is described as: Characteristics and life activities of microorganisms and their interactions with their surroundings. Emphasis is placed on relationships that influence man: infection, immunity, parasitism, and control. Includes laboratory techniques.

Sorry if my grammar/spelling is weird, I'm kind of freaking out since today is the last day to add/drop!

2 hours ago, AmalM said:

Hey everyone!! So this is my fault for not realizing that there were two versions of microbio at my CC... I was shocked when my professor said to confirm with PA school on whether the version I'm in is accepted or not. He said he's has PA students in his class before, so I'm conflicted over what version of microbio to take.

BIOL 2420 is Microbio for health sciences and is described as: An introduction to the microbial world including the basic characteristics of fungi, algae, bacteria, and viruses. Special emphasis is placed on applications to humans. This course will not count as credit toward the Associate of Science degree in Biology.

BIOL 2421 is just called Microbiology and is described as: Characteristics and life activities of microorganisms and their interactions with their surroundings. Emphasis is placed on relationships that influence man: infection, immunity, parasitism, and control. Includes laboratory techniques.

Sorry if my grammar/spelling is weird, I'm kind of freaking out since today is the last day to add/drop!

I am going to assume that you are in Texas due to the numbering of the courses, forgive me if you are not. Take BIOL 2421, which is the one that I took. 2420 will not work as a prereq.

Good luck this semester! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AmalM said:

Thank u all so much!! I switched into 2421, my professors and some others suggested the same thing u guys did; thank u all again for the help 🙂