Insight into Acceptance

Hi all!

Good luck to all of this year's applicants!

I have interviewed at Duke the last two years. Unfortunately, I was turned down both times. =( Duke is also the only school that has granted me an interview both years so I'm a bit confused.

Both years, I waited until April and called in for the admissions counseling over the phone. I guess this past cycle, some of the committee members didn't get the sense that I wanted it badly enough. I'm really not sure where to go with that. I'm generally a calm, mellow person. Perhaps this gave them the wrong impression? I really was super excited to be there both times and I would be ecstatic to go back again.

I'm really struggling with this but I really want to make this happen. I've been working towards this for several years now and I feel like I'm just about there. Maybe someone out there could shed some insight on the situation. Anyone else experience anything similar or have any tips?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Archived