Lockhaven 4+2 program

Hi! I’m a current PA student at LHU but I also graduated from their 4+2. I was also a transfer student as well. When I initially transferred, I remember being told the PA program accepts at least 5 from their own 4+2 and they told me they have a preference for the LHU graduates. Now, how true this is, who knows….. 

I can tell you I am very grateful I transferred to LHU and did their 4+2 curriculum because the courses included with that track prepared me for future healthcare education. However, you can’t place all of your trust in getting a spot at LHU’s PA program because ultimately, you are not guaranteed a spot like the 3+2 students are. So, when it comes time to apply to programs, don’t assume you will get into LHU, make sure you apply to several other programs. 

As long as you have a decent GPA, good letter of recs, good PCE, etc…. you have a decent chance of getting a spot in PA program. There are several 4+2 students in my class so it is a good chance. 

8 hours ago, nicolecm said:

Hi! I’m a current PA student at LHU but I also graduated from their 4+2. I was also a transfer student as well. When I initially transferred, I remember being told the PA program accepts at least 5 from their own 4+2 and they told me they have a preference for the LHU graduates. Now, how true this is, who knows….. 

I can tell you I am very grateful I transferred to LHU and did their 4+2 curriculum because the courses included with that track prepared me for future healthcare education. However, you can’t place all of your trust in getting a spot at LHU’s PA program because ultimately, you are not guaranteed a spot like the 3+2 students are. So, when it comes time to apply to programs, don’t assume you will get into LHU, make sure you apply to several other programs. 

As long as you have a decent GPA, good letter of recs, good PCE, etc…. you have a decent chance of getting a spot in PA program. There are several 4+2 students in my class so it is a good chance. 

Thank you so much! Would you mind sharing your stats? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 2:43 PM, MorganMORG said:

Thank you so much! Would you mind sharing your stats? 

Sure!

Major: Health Science / Minor: Psychology

First time applicant. I applied summer of my junior year (right before starting my senior year) Submitted app beginning of July. 

cGPA: 3.7

sGPA: 3.5

PCE: 896 hrs (PCA at a hospital & nurse aide at nursing home)

HCE: 120 hrs

Leadership: 360 hrs (various greek life/on campus club positions)

Non-healthcare employment: 1,340 hrs

Shadowing: 57 hrs (7 hrs were virtual)

GRE: 301 (verbal 153, quant 148, writing 5.0)

Applied to 15 schools. 6 interview offers - 2 rejections, 2 waitlists, 2 acceptances.