Bachelors Programs

Hey all,

I am new to the forum and trying to educate myself on the PA position and programs that are out there. I'm in my mid-twenties and looking to make a change in regards to field of work. I recently went back to school with intentions of getting my DPT. I had been working in a physical therapy clinic for over a year or so and had previously been volunteering in the ER at a local hospital. During the time when I was in a physical therapy setting I always found myself longing for more of a broad aspect of using diagnostic skills in medicine, and doing all the investigation work that leads up to a patients needs for healing. Thus, I became interested in the PA position. Anyway, I'm nearing that time to be able to transfer to complete my bachelors. When I found out that there are PA bachelors programs out there I immediately started looking around for more info. I've been doing a little research and I keep coming across different articles that will explain, that in fact, there are bachelors programs out there for someone interested in becoming a PA. Well, I've been on websites such as aapa.org and paeaonline.org to find out where bachelors programs are offered. I find that most programs are at the masters level, which is understandable, and a handful or more B.S./M.S. type programs that are a five or six year set up. Long story short, are there many, if at all, any legitimate four year bachelors programs still around? I'm sorry for the drawn out background, or if this has been answered elsewhere in the forum. Any info. would be great!

Archived