West Coast University-Texas 2022-2023

I know this may not be the norm but I was thinking that there should be a group with accepted and waitlisted people just so the people on the waitlist can have some insight about campus and housing situations. I feel like the people pulled from the waitlist are gonna have a it rough rushing to find housing and getting to know everyone. Idk tell me if that is a horrible idea. 

Edited by PrePa0710
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2022 at 11:44 PM, Futurepavibes said:

Congrats! Do you think you will accept?

Yes, I am planning to since it is my top choice in the sense that they graduate 12-14 months earlier than the other two DFW programs! It would have been nice to get into UNT (I got denied) and I haven't heard back from UTSW!

On 9/22/2022 at 9:44 PM, PrePa0710 said:

I know this may not be the norm but I was thinking that there should be a group with accepted and waitlisted people just so the people on the waitlist can have some insight about campus and housing situations. I feel like the people pulled from the waitlist are gonna have a it rough rushing to find housing and getting to know everyone. Idk tell me if that is a horrible idea. 

I think it's a good idea, are you thinking about a group on here or on another kind of app?

Once you have been accepted to West Coast University / WCU in Richardson, TX, this post is for you! I have made a GroupMe as an unofficial place for matriculating students to chat. We can share it with any classmates we've met who might not see it posted here. Below is the link for accepted students that are planning to attend WCU; if you were accepted but are going to attend somewhere else, maybe you could create a group for your school instead! Thanks!

Please make a GroupMe account if you don't have one; it doesn't need to be your school email necessarily.

https://groupme.com/join_group/89703460/ujNlHnVG

image.thumb.jpeg.d585df142f92b230abdfff881a625e37.jpeg

12 hours ago, AFuturePAOkay said:

Yes, I am planning to since it is my top choice in the sense that they graduate 12-14 months earlier than the other two DFW programs! It would have been nice to get into UNT (I got denied) and I haven't heard back from UTSW!

I think it's a good idea, are you thinking about a group on here or on another kind of app?

Either really. Just a way for alternates to stay in the loop as well so it’s not a complete shock if accepted. 

I plan on applying to this program, my GPA is 3.31. but on CASPA it is 2.88, I am currently in a post bacc and will finish the semester with a 4.0, do you know if they round up GPA's? Also, is anyone aware of how many people were accepted and how many spots they are wanting to fill for the spring 2023 cohort?

4 hours ago, socni20 said:

I plan on applying to this program, my GPA is 3.31. but on CASPA it is 2.88, I am currently in a post bacc and will finish the semester with a 4.0, do you know if they round up GPA's? Also, is anyone aware of how many people were accepted and how many spots they are wanting to fill for the spring 2023 cohort?

Hi. Idk if I would apply I believe they go off of CASPAs gpa. I would email and ask. And the cohort will be 50 students 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about the first secondary question. It says what is your philosophy of health care as a future physician assistant. Anyone know what that means. Does it means how do we plan to study ? I looked up what philosophy means and I guess I don’t understand it in terms of the question

Just now, LAmoney said:

I have a question about the first secondary question. It says what is your philosophy of health care as a future physician assistant. Anyone know what that means. Does it means how do we plan to study ? I looked up what philosophy means and I guess I don’t understand it in terms of the question

I mean essay question 

On 10/26/2022 at 5:32 PM, LAmoney said:

basically just what values you think are important & how you plan to uphold them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Heyyyyy friends! Once you have been accepted, this post is for you! I have made a GroupMe as an unofficial place for matriculating students to chat. We can share it with any classmates we've met who might not see it posted here. Below is the link for accepted students that are planning to attend WCU; if you were accepted but are going to attend somewhere else, maybe you could create a group for your school instead! Thanks!
Please make a GroupMe account if you don't have one; it doesn't need to be your school email necessarily.

309047677_5249417905156309_8483434304208590591_n.thumb.jpg.453531b2563be35b02f0366ba852e0c6.jpg