Applying for August 2023

I recently shadowed a neurosurgery PA and absolutely fell in with her knowledge and how gracefully she speaks. I have a 3.84 gpa, 2 years of work in research with 2 publications, about 300 hours of volunteer counting everything but i only lack the direct patient care experience. I am applying to medical scribe positions and have an interview at CityMd. I was wondering is it too late to apply for the August 2023 cycle? Should I get my application in next year instead? Thank you. 

Hi,

I would recommend waiting until next years cycle to apply. Most schools have a minimum for clinical experience hours. Some schools do not have a minimum and some schools have later deadlines, but your options for schools you could apply to would be pretty limited right now. I would recommend that you create your account CASPA account though and pretend you are applying. The majority of the application will carry over to the next cycle.

Best of luck,

Mylan