Failing my didactic courses. Do I stay in the program or withdraw

Hello,

I am currently about half way through my first semester of didactic year and I failing all my exams. At this point, I can't recover from them and will most likely be dismissed. My school's remediation policy states that only a max of 2 courses can be remediated. A passing grade is 80 B-, cumulative GPA is 3.0 B. 

My concern is if I wanted to re apply again, what looks better, withdrawal or some Cs. 

Wondering if this has happened to anyone and what you did after withdrawing/ failing out. Another option is possibility an accelerated nursing program but I don't want to fail those courses too. 

43 minutes ago, Fdom0925 said:

Hello,

I am currently about half way through my first semester of didactic year and I failing all my exams. At this point, I can't recover from them and will most likely be dismissed. My school's remediation policy states that only a max of 2 courses can be remediated. A passing grade is 80 B-, cumulative GPA is 3.0 B. 

My concern is if I wanted to re apply again, what looks better, withdrawal or some Cs. 

Wondering if this has happened to anyone and what you did after withdrawing/ failing out. Another option is possibility an accelerated nursing program but I don't want to fail those courses too. 

It's time to go to your school's counseling center. It is highly unusual for a student to fail all of their exams so you need help getting this sorted out. If you haven't seen your advisor about this, you are overdue for that as well.

From my perspective, until you know what's going on with you, there isn't much point in starting a new path. You had the grades to get in, so what is happening has to be the first question.

Someone else may have a different perspective, but it is generally very hard to leave one program (withdraw or get dismissed) and go to another. Your best chance is where you are, even if it means taking a year off and getting your life in order before coming back.

Good luck with this. Don't try to do this on your own.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does your school allow for a leave of absence? You may be able to take a year off and restart with a clean slate since you're still in the middle of your first semester and your grades aren't finalized. That would give you a chance to sort out whatever's causing you to fail your exams and come back fresh.