Incoming class of 2015 Interviews

Just to give you a little bit of a timeline (although I don't know if it will be the same as last year)... Seattle applicants interview first, usually in mid October. Then Spokane interviews. The interview invite I got for Yakima last year came about a week before Thanksgiving for a December 3rd interview. I received THE call on December 7th :) Anchorage interviewed the week after Yakima interviews. There was a large interview to fill all remaining open slots in all the sites in January.

I know you are really excited to hear about an interview, but don't panic. Try to take a breather because if you are applying to a BCHS site, you still have a couple more months to wait...if they stick with the same timeline as last year. I have no idea where Tacoma fits in with the interview process.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Question on the interview process. If you get a call for an interview are you interviewed at that location (Anchorage or Yakima and maybe Tacoma) or is it just a central location like Yakima and then it is decided which location you are sent to?

It depends. I can not say for certain regarding the masters interviews, but there is an early one in Seattle for the masters applicants. What I'm unsure about is if there is also an early interview in Spokane for Spokane applicants. For Bachelors applicants, there is an interview at each site, Yakima then Anchorage, for the applicants to those sites. There is an additional secondary interview in January in Seattle for all sites to fill seats left over from previous interviews, & will be for both masters & bachelors applicants.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took me so long to answer back. The didactice year has kept my social media access to a minimum, especially since there is no link to my phone from this site! Ha!

To answer your question, yes I interviewed in Yakima. We were told that although the interview panel would know who was in that night, we wouldn't know until right before Christmas! No joke...lol! I was more than relieved to get my call a week later because I was convinced that I completely blew it in one of my interviews. I firmly believe that they want to rattle you just to see what you're made of, and how you handle stressful situations. Everyone says that PA school is super stressful and yadda, yadda, yadda...but nothing can really prepare you for what you are getting yourself into. There isn't anything else I can say other than to expect the unexpected and be prepared to be outside of your comfort zone on MANY occasions. If you are one of those Type A perfectionist types, you're gonna have to get over it. Yes, it's a work in progress for me as well. Ha!

One thing I will suggest that you do is to stay in touch through this site as interview invites start coming in....(Mine came via email). We had a group of 10 applicants meet up with Steve (from Yakima 18) to help us shake off the jitters and ask a bunch of off- the -record questions. (Thanks again, Steve!) Of that group of ten, six of us were accepted! I would recommend that you all do the same. It's a great way to start getting acquainted and to also start being supportive. I caution you all not to think of this as a "competitive" process. As you all know, this profession is one that focuses on team building and working together collaboratively. The minute you start to show your competitive side and start throwing each other under the bus, your application will go in the trash....I promise you that. I saw it happen twice, and neither of those applicants are in my classroom right now. Just food for thought.

I will try to make myself available via private message if you are interested in anything specific, or if I can help you out in any way. I was grateful to have a resource when I was going through this last year.

Good luck, and BREATHE! :)

Sara

Sara,

I think it's amazing that you're still helping out the applicants even though you're pretty busy yourself with didactic year. That's a good sign that you still have time. I don't know any other applicants (except 1 friend who likes to say 'fantastic' alot:), so it would be great if other applicants reading this would start 'getting to know' each other and meet up locally like you're recommending. Muchas gracias!

Mary

Yakima applicant

Sara,

I think it's amazing that you're still helping out the applicants even though you're pretty busy yourself with didactic year. That's a good sign that you still have time. I don't know any other applicants (except 1 friend who likes to say 'fantastic' alot:), so it would be great if other applicants reading this would start 'getting to know' each other and meet up locally like you're recommending. Muchas gracias!

Mary

Yakima applicant

Mary,

A few of us are meeting up in Auburn on November 10th to get to know each other, and discuss any concers/comments/suggestions for the potential future interview. Would you be interested in joining us?

Regards,

Lily

Archived