Financing PA school extreme crisis!

I know that maybe some of you would say that I shouldn't be worried about financing my PA school just yet since I haven't gotten into a PA school. However, I want to plan ahead of time just incase I get into a PA school this coming school year. So these are my dilemma:

- Permanent resident, no parents to help financially support me (including co-signing loans), no job just been living off student loans for the past 2 years (quit my previous jobs to finally focus finishing my 8 years journey of undergrad!).

1) Private loans option - NOT possible

problems: COSIGN needed- ONLY a permanent resident (no citizen relative/friend who will be willing to cosign that huge amount of money), no current/most recent previous job, no parents to help.

2) NHSC loan repayment option- NOT possible

problem: US citizenship required

3) Federal loans option- POSSIBLE but limited

problem: Federal loans cannot fully cover all my expenses in PA school

So there you go. Those are my dilemmas. I am about to contemplate to join the military because of my problem of funding my PA education. However, even joining the military, I still have a problem. I can't join directly as an officer even though I will be having my degree already since I'm ONLY a permanent resident. I have to get enlisted and with that I'm not even sure how much of a guarantee for me to be able to continue my PA education.

Anyway, I don't want to keep rambling here but any feedback will be greatly appreciated! IDEAS are definitely welcome. If you also disagree on how I understood my reasoning please do not hesitate to explain those ideas with me. I really NEED help. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Grad plus loan generally covers the rest after federal unsub loan (which is a tiny $20,000 -something!). My tuition for the year is $67,000 and it covered everything, plus gave me money to live. You will be ok. :)

Archived