Seton Hall 2022-2023

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, potentialpa00 said:

That's awesome!! When did you apply/get verified?

Thanks! Yea, I've actually kept a detailed list of that this cycle... here it is:

My CASPA app was verified after I applied to a different school so that was on 5/4 11:18am

Application Submitted to Seton Hall 6/15 12:25pm

Official GRE Score Received by Seton Hall 6/16

Application Receipt Confirmation 6/20 10:14am

Received Interview Invitation Email 9/8 9:34am

4 hours ago, popularpa said:

Congrats on accepting your seat!! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

Thank you! Sure! I'm actually a lower GPA applicant, but I've done a lot of PCE and did pretty well on the GRE

Undergrad GPA was 3.26, post-bacc GPA at that time (had two courses in progress) was 3.52, so cumulative is 3.28

sGPA. 3.08 in undergrad, 3.52 post-bacc, cumulative science 3.14

PCE is 4540 hours as a PCA in a PACU at the time of my application (now over 4800)

GRE is 159 verbal, 159 quant, 5.0 analytical

82 hours of shadowing, 61 of which were with PAs in a few different specialties

This is my second application cycle, but first time applying to Seton Hall, last cycle I was rejected from 16 schools without a single interview, this cycle I've gotten six interview invitations so far and got one acceptance and one rejection before deciding on the first school and withdrawing applications. Let me know if you have any more questions, I know this process is really hard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Bianca2329 said:

Hi everyone. I got a low GRE score (around 298) but I have a decent GPA. I worked as a medical assistant and I got a great amount of hours in (around 1000). Would this impact my chances of getting in or being accepted? 

I wouldn’t stress too much about it! That’s just one portion of your application, and it is not the most important by far. you definitely have a shot!! 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, potentialpa00 said:

How long did it take to receive an interview after you applied for those who already got one?

I applied June 22 and received an invitation to interview September 8, for the following week on September 15. Still waiting to hear back from that. 

• 3 weeks later...