Monmouth University 2022-2023

On 9/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, FuturePAFromPA said:

I actually just got the call about an hour ago! So glad to have received an acceptance! If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer any of them!

I actually got an acceptance last week too I think 9/6 or 9/7. Would anyone wanna make a gc to discuss maybe talk about program and living situation?

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 11:49 AM, Angkord said:

Has anyone who interviewed on 8/31 still not heard back? I've been seeing that people from the same interview date have been getting acceptances, and I'm starting to think it's not a good sign I haven't heard anything yet.

Same to me, they said some of the applications were being put on hold (if you're currently taking a prerequisite or still need to graduate) and we would know by this week!

9 hours ago, PA4LIFE08618 said:

Same to me, they said some of the applications were being put on hold (if you're currently taking a prerequisite or still need to graduate) and we would know by this week!

Thank you this helps a lot! I am still in undergrad so that must be why I haven't heard anything. Thanks so much!

I just applied and I am so worried! Monmouth is my top choice and I feel like I am late to the game. I have over 2500 patient care hours and a 3.66 gpa. I got in the 60th percentile on my GRE and I have tons of volunteer and extracurricular activities. I am just worried because I am in undergrad with 3 outstanding pre-recs. Any advice? Was anyone who was accepted in the same/similar boat as me?

34 minutes ago, Hannahlclt said:

This may be a dumb question but for the clinician LOR did you have to shadow them specifically or could it have been a clinician just speaking on you as a person. I submitted an LOR from an MD and I now have a red x next to it in the portal. 

Not dumb at all! It does not have to be someone you shadowed just someone who can speak on your character

On 9/23/2022 at 2:07 PM, aspiringpa2037 said:

Can anyone who interviewed already give me some insight on how long the whole interview process took? My interview was rescheduled to a day I have work so I am trying to give my manager an idea of what time I will be done with the interview. Thanks!

It’s an all day thing. I started the essay at 7:30am and the last q and a ended around 4:15-30pm. I took off of work that day and I am happy I did. If you can take off, you def should.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, aspiringpa2037 said:

I just received an email with the schedule for my upcoming interview but I don’t see anything about the group discussion. I was under the impression that there is a group session where you discuss an ethical situation, can someone who has already interviewed let me know if they did that or not? 

We did that, we were sent a research paper to review and be familiar with and we discussed the paper with other applicants and current students. No other faculty was present on the zoom, just current students. 

Just now, SLPA502 said:

Hi guys, I am interviewing tomorrow and have not received the research paper... anyone else in the same boat?

I haven’t either, I’m assuming for this interview session we’re not doing the group discussion. I know for the original interview date, it was supposed to go from 8:45-4:15 and this one is only from 11-5:30 so I think they cut out the group session probably due to them rescheduling. It’s also not noted in the schedule they sent out either.