2022-2023 Cycle

49 minutes ago, JDfuturePA said:

I received my acceptance letter from USD this afternoon! Can’t believe I’m going to be a PA!! Would love to connect with anyone else who has gotten accepted!

That’s so cool! If you don’t mind me asking, when was your interview? I was in the December 3rd group and have yet to hear anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, all! First off, congratulations to those of you who were accepted this year! I was technically a first-time applicant to this program and I had the opportunity to interview on November 19th. I'm a non-traditional student, 29 y/o F, certified athletic trainer with my MS, an EMT, cardiology technician, have had several hours of shadowing, LORs from PAs, and over 7000 hours of patient care. My GPA is over the minimum, last 40 in particular is stellar (something I'm very proud of after improving from a 2.5 in undergrad). 

I'm mainly curious what the backgrounds are of those of you who were accepted this year, just so I can learn what I may improve on. I've already contacted the program directly for feedback and have since enrolled in more courses and continuing patient care. Just a few questions to get the conversation started:

What were your stats? If you feel it's pertinent to your story and you're comfortable with sharing. 

Patient care background? Pt care hrs? 

Shadowing experience? 

LOR sources? 

How did you feel about your interview? Do you remember certain questions that you feel you answered particularly well? 

I'm truly all ears and eager to learn more. As a new South Dakota resident, I'd be comfortable swapping email addresses/cell numbers if that's something that can be done on here via private message.

Thank you for any perspective that you can share! And, again- congratulations!😊

• 1 month later...