Submitting Transcript, when?

9 hours ago, aherre7 said:

Hi! Like many, I would like to jump start on submitting transcripts because I heard they take awhile. I plan on applying this upcoming cycle for 2022-2023. When should I request my transcripts from schools to CASPA?

The earlier the better! Once the portal opens you can request your schools transcripts directly through there I believe. Mine took like a week or two to come in so the sooner the better. My goal was to submit within a month of starting the application so I tried to request within the first week, cause I truly believe the sooner the better! I had some schools reach out before their deadline to do interviews, so I wouldn't wait till the last minute. Hope this helped some! Good luck, you got this! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

I’m trying to apply for this cycle, I do have a master degree in physiology of rehabilitation from my home country with a great GPA, I had to do the since “the pre req” again because they want us to re take it in the states and my GPA here is bad, like all “Cs”, I was just taking as much as I could in a short time to get in the PA program ASAP and later on I realized the GPA is actually a thing, lol, I also have a good GRE and +5000 hrs of pt care and I’ve been scribing for past 5 months, do u guys think that my low GPA on pre reqs can hold me back? 

On 4/20/2022 at 12:01 PM, SarePA2022 said:

Hi there!

I already sent my transcripts last month but am nervous about needing to resend them on the 28th when the new cycle opens. Do you think this is the case?

Did you request them to be sent by mail? I am not 100% if it matters when you requested it. I know I waited until my cycle opened up but I don't recall seeing anything else saying you can't do it before hand. I think there was a transcript request form once you open the application though, so that could make a difference. I would wait until it opens and you have your log in and maybe try to contact caspa to ask them. If worse comes to worse and you have to request them again, it normally doesn't take very long. Mine took like 2-3 weeks and I was able to submit everything by end of May which is standard from what I hear. Hope this helped some!

On 4/22/2022 at 2:13 AM, Ssssssssky said:

Hi Everyone, 

I’m trying to apply for this cycle, I do have a master degree in physiology of rehabilitation from my home country with a great GPA, I had to do the since “the pre req” again because they want us to re take it in the states and my GPA here is bad, like all “Cs”, I was just taking as much as I could in a short time to get in the PA program ASAP and later on I realized the GPA is actually a thing, lol, I also have a good GRE and +5000 hrs of pt care and I’ve been scribing for past 5 months, do u guys think that my low GPA on pre reqs can hold me back? 

I think if it is below the required GPA that can hold you back but if you hit the minimum requirement, they can still take you into consideration. I would just make sure that it hits the minimum of the program you're applying too so you don't waste money applying (cause I know I didn't look hard enough at some pre-req requirements and wasted my money applying to schools who rejected me fast for not meeting the requirements).

If its a little bit below the required GPA for the programs, you might want to retake some classes online or take other classes to pull it up a little bit and wait until next application cycle. Hope this helps! Good luck! 🙂