2022-2023 Application Cycle

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!! So I’m really struggling with the autobiography. My self identity has largely been surrounding academics, and I feel as if I touch on my undergrad courses and experiences too much compared to actual “hobbies” outside of academics. I hope that makes sense. I know they state that this isn’t a personal statement or “why PA”, so I do avoid going into depth there, but I do mention wanting a career in healthcare, etc. any tips or comments on how you guys structured yours? Any help is appreciated 🙂

20 minutes ago, foodygirl988 said:

Hi everyone!! So I’m really struggling with the autobiography. My self identity has largely been surrounding academics, and I feel as if I touch on my undergrad courses and experiences too much compared to actual “hobbies” outside of academics. I hope that makes sense. I know they state that this isn’t a personal statement or “why PA”, so I do avoid going into depth there, but I do mention wanting a career in healthcare, etc. any tips or comments on how you guys structured yours? Any help is appreciated 🙂

I just started with a quick synopsis about where I was born and what my family life was like then did a quick gloss over of what I was like as a child through adolescence.

Went into a little more depth with highschool about athletics and academics.

I then went into greater detail about university and experiences such as studying abroad.

Then finally I talked about what I did during my gap years (travel and more travel) where I am now and how COVID altered my trajectory, etc.

I took it VERY literal and portrayed, as much as I could, an abridged version of my life story.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:15 PM, foodygirl988 said:

To me, I took this as an opportunity to expand on information that is not in my application already. I talked about my childhood, some of my hobbies, things that impacted me in high school, etc. To me, I felt as though this space would be best utilized by discussing things they do not already know about me, but I know there's no wrong answer either!

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Jmiller22 said:

Does anyone have any insight on what is a considered a ‘good’ Casper score? I just got my results back and I am in the 3rd quartile. I’m unsure if this is a good or bad thing for my application. 

Direct quote from Altus Suite- “Quartiles tell you how you scored relative to your peers. For example, applicants who scored in the fourth quartile scored higher than applicants in the first, second and third quartiles, meaning they scored higher than at least 75% of all applicants. Applicants who scored in the second quartile scored higher than applicants in the first quartile, but lower than applicants in the third and fourth quartile. Specifically, this means that they scored higher than at least 25% of all applicants, but lower than at least 50% of all applicants.” So third quartile means you scored higher than 50% of applicants and lower than 25%. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 8:11 PM, jp2022 said:

Has anyone who submitted their application and supplemental receive any notice or updates from the program yet?

I received the email that the application was complete, and said that interview invitations are sent from July through October. Nothing else, though. Hopefully they'll start sending out invites/notifications soon... I hate the waiting!

On 7/4/2022 at 10:11 PM, jp2022 said:

Has anyone who submitted their application and supplemental receive any notice or updates from the program yet?

I submitted my application in May, received and submitted my supplemental application in June, and I received an interview invite yesterday (7/13)

43 minutes ago, annevu123 said:

I submitted my application in May, received and submitted my supplemental application in June, and I received an interview invite yesterday (7/13)

congratssss! so exciting! when's your interview date? also what are your stats? if you don't mind me asking

3 hours ago, kpmolls said:

congratssss! so exciting! when's your interview date? also what are your stats? if you don't mind me asking

Thanks! I was given September 13th. My stats are pretty meh: cGPA of 3.4 at time of application (idk if they checked updated transcript), sGPA of 3.2, 307 GRE and 5 on writing section, and 4000+ PCE

10 minutes ago, annevu123 said:

Thanks! I was given September 13th. My stats are pretty meh: cGPA of 3.4 at time of application (idk if they checked updated transcript), sGPA of 3.2, 307 GRE and 5 on writing section, and 4000+ PCE

congrats again! I am still hoping!! hearing people getting interviews just makes you want to refresh your email 24/7 LOL 

• Upvote 1