FAULKNER UNIVERSITY 2021-2022

1 hour ago, PA202 said:

I've been searching high and low for a for a Faulkner thread! I was accepted here on 11/3, interviewed 10/22. I have an acceptance from another school so I'm still deciding if I will accept the offer or not

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application?

On 11/5/2021 at 1:11 PM, PA202 said:

I've been searching high and low for a for a Faulkner thread! I was accepted here on 11/3, interviewed 10/22. I have an acceptance from another school so I'm still deciding if I will accept the offer or not

Congrats on getting accepted!! I have an interview in a week and I am beyond nervous because I have no idea what to expect. If you dont mind asking are there any tips you have or what I can expect? What style interview questions did they do? any information is greatly appreciated! 🙂

28 minutes ago, Raynaferro said:

Congrats on getting accepted!! I have an interview in a week and I am beyond nervous because I have no idea what to expect. If you dont mind asking are there any tips you have or what I can expect? What style interview questions did they do? any information is greatly appreciated! 🙂

Is your interview in person or virtual? Mine was virtual, lasted about 20 minutes and they asked very standard questions like why do you want to be a PA, why faulkner, etc. It felt like they just wanted to get to know me and didn't ask any crazy questions. It was by far the shortest and easiest interview I've had! Good luck and take a deep breath! They're already impressed by you, now all you have to do is show them you're just as great in person as on paper:)

35 minutes ago, PA202 said:

Is your interview in person or virtual? Mine was virtual, lasted about 20 minutes and they asked very standard questions like why do you want to be a PA, why faulkner, etc. It felt like they just wanted to get to know me and didn't ask any crazy questions. It was by far the shortest and easiest interview I've had! Good luck and take a deep breath! They're already impressed by you, now all you have to do is show them you're just as great in person as on paper:)

Wow that is very short! Mines in person, so I’ll be curious to see if it is the same. Do you know anyone who has had the interview in person? 
thanks for the tips 🙂

10 hours ago, skenn said:

Hi! So I also interviewed on 10/22, but mine was in person. It was soo relaxed! The interview itself was like 20-25 minutes, and they were genuinely so nice to talk to. You can tell that they really care about their students and their wellbeing, so that was a major thing for me. Aside from the interview, we had a short writing assignment, a tour of the building, and a student led Q&A. It was all very relaxed which took pressure off of everyone. Just go in there and be yourself. They already know you are qualified on paper, so they are just looking to get to know you as a person!

Awesome to hear! Thanks for the feedback & goodluck on everything 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/25/2022 at 1:27 PM, prepa0922 said:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure! 

cGPA: 3.64

sGPA: 3.54

GRE: 300

PCE: EKG Tech ~1500 hours 

Volunteer: 2000+ hours 

Shadowing: only shadowed 1 PA, but also shadowed an optometrist, dentist, did about a 3-week internship at a cardiology clinic. I had sooooo much trouble finding PAs to shadow because of COVID. I got turned down over 15 times! 
I ended up applying to 12 schools and getting accepted to 4!