PANCE Tips

Hello all, I passed the PANCE on the first shot about a month ago and have been meaning to first thank everyone on this forum. All the advice given on here has been so helpful. I passed by a healthy margin and found it to be quite painless, so I figured that I would give some advice to those that haven't taken it yet.

1) Utilize this forum! Have a question? Use the search function and I'm sure it's been answered

2) UMDNJ PANCE/PANRE review; price has gone up since I used it, but the material is so well organized and well presented that it is so worth it. Print out the slides, organize them in a binder, and follow the lectures. I would usually do one day lecture, and review the material the next day with practice questions

4) Which brings me to the most important point...Do as many practice questions as you can! There are only so many ways a question can be asked. I used PAeasy, Lange Q&A (yellow book), Kaplan, and some EM. PAeasy and Lange were most accurate difficulty wise. Doing Kaplan though really made those other questions look so easy.

5) Set a study schedule and stick too it!

Thank you again to everyone! Hopefully this will be of use to those preparing. :=D:

Congrats on passing PANCE! I will be taking the exam this september. Did you find the questions to be pretty fair and consistent with the content blueprint? Did you feel like what you studied was well represented on the exam or was there a lot of "what the heck is this" kinda out-there stuff?

Congrats on passing PANCE! I will be taking the exam this september. Did you find the questions to be pretty fair and consistent with the content blueprint? Did you feel like what you studied was well represented on the exam or was there a lot of "what the heck is this" kinda out-there stuff?

I would say the content is definitely consistent with the blue print. There may be a few "what the heck" questions but for the most part the blue print is followed.

My school offers a week-long PANCE review that we are actually doing next week so I am looking forward to that. In addition to the Comprehensive Review for PANCE and PANRE by Lippincott--which I just got done studying cover to cover--and doing some Exam Master (which I keep hearing not to waste my time with by those on the forum), I recently invested in PAEasy. I have just over 3 weeks until the PANCE and plan to just review and exhaust the PAEasy questions. Since you've taken the PANCE, do you think this will get me through with a passing score or do you think you really need a ton of different modes of question banks to be successful?

thanks!!!

Archived