2021-2022 Application Cycle

29 minutes ago, MysticMac14 said:

Hi everyone, 

I got an email today informing me that I have been placed on the alternate list. I am already planning to attending elsewhere so I don't plan to accept an offer off the alternate list if I were to get one, but I wanted to come on here and share this info.

Hope this helps.

I was also placed on the alternate list

I wanted to post my stats for those of you who haven’t received acceptance yet. I know that on paper, I am slightly below the average accepted student so I wanted to post to give some hope! You can absolutely outshine lower stats by highlighting your personality and showing your commitment/excitement for this career!

Overall GPA: 3.43

Science GPA: 3.45

GRE: Verbal- 150 Quant- 150 Writing- 5.0

CASPer: 2nd quartile 

Direct patient care hours: ~1200 (Med surg PCT)

Healthcare experience: ~1400+ (current job)

Volunteer: ~300

PA shadowing hours: 20

Letters of rec: 1 college professor, 1 NP, 1 PA (who I shadowed), 1 RN-manager (my boss while a PCT

Applications/schools: 8

Interview invites: 4 (1 acceptance, 3 pending interviews)

5 hours ago, jenciprepa said:

I wanted to post my stats for those of you who haven’t received acceptance yet. I know that on paper, I am slightly below the average accepted student so I wanted to post to give some hope! You can absolutely outshine lower stats by highlighting your personality and showing your commitment/excitement for this career!

Overall GPA: 3.43

Science GPA: 3.45

GRE: Verbal- 150 Quant- 150 Writing- 5.0

CASPer: 2nd quartile 

Direct patient care hours: ~1200 (Med surg PCT)

Healthcare experience: ~1400+ (current job)

Volunteer: ~300

PA shadowing hours: 20

Letters of rec: 1 college professor, 1 NP, 1 PA (who I shadowed), 1 RN-manager (my boss while a PCT

Applications/schools: 8

Interview invites: 4 (1 acceptance, 3 pending interviews)

So all and all you have 2600 hrs experience? Or is it 1400 combined. Im just curious bc i thought PCE was a sub category of HCE. Congratulations btw!!!

4 minutes ago, admartinj said:

So all and all you have 2600 hrs experience? Or is it 1400 combined. Im just curious bc i thought PCE was a sub category of HCE. Congratulations btw!!!

I have 2600 hours of “healthcare” experience but only about 1200 of that was direct patient care. So my current job is in a healthcare setting but I do not work with patients directly, it is an operational role. I hope that makes sense!

And thank you!! I’m very excited 😊 

4 minutes ago, jenciprepa said:

I have 2600 hours of “healthcare” experience but only about 1200 of that was direct patient care. So my current job is in a healthcare setting but I do not work with patients directly, it is an operational role. I hope that makes sense!

And thank you!! I’m very excited 😊 

No that absolutely makes sense. Yeah good luck, im sure you’ll do great! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 11:25 AM, MysticMac14 said:

Hi,

I received a call this morning with an offer for a seat that came open. I declined due to already accepting an offer elsewhere. 

So, they are going to the waitlist for at least one seat - Good luck to anyone waiting for a call!

I received another call from them, so it appears there might not be any applicants left in their pool to fill the remaining slot. Unsure if there is anyone who was waitlisted and has not received a call yet, but if there is and you still need a program to attend, this may be good news to you. Goodluck to everyone.