St. John's 2021-2022 Cycle

I applied in late August and got an email soon after that confirming they got my whole application and that nothing was missing. I still haven't received any admissions update (e.g. interview invite) but have been calling every few months or so as instructed to. Today when I called the office of graduate admissions they informed me that my application was sent to the faculty for review on 10/30 and that I should receive an admission update before Christmas and to call them back if I don't hear back by around 12/15. Has anyone else had this experience? Should I be worried? I applied early because I was hoping to get offered one of the early interview slots. Please note, so far I got waitlisted at one school but didn't get off the waitlist for it (September'21 start date), am currently waitlisted at another program (January'22 start date), and have an upcoming interview for one of the hybrid programs. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cavpup888 said:

I applied in late August and got an email soon after that confirming they got my whole application and that nothing was missing. I still haven't received any admissions update (e.g. interview invite) but have been calling every few months or so as instructed to. Today when I called the office of graduate admissions they informed me that my application was sent to the faculty for review on 10/30 and that I should receive an admission update before Christmas and to call them back if I don't hear back by around 12/15. Has anyone else had this experience? Should I be worried? I applied early because I was hoping to get offered one of the early interview slots. Please note, so far I got waitlisted at one school but didn't get off the waitlist for it (September'21 start date), am currently waitlisted at another program (January'22 start date), and have an upcoming interview for one of the hybrid programs. 

I applied early July. I had the same mindset as you. When I emailed them 1 month later (mid August), they said the same thing, that it was sent to faculty for review. I emailed again in September and was told I will be updated when there is an update. I have stopped contacting them because I was accepted at a closer program, however, I understand how you feel, they went MIA. 

On 11/29/2021 at 3:13 PM, cavpup888 said:

I applied in May and have not received any update other than all of my materials have been received and that I will be contacted with an update through email "soon" (but that was months ago). I understand your frustration!

On 12/3/2021 at 1:01 PM, KaylaKupstas said:

I applied in May and have not received any update other than all of my materials have been received and that I will be contacted with an update through email "soon" (but that was months ago). I understand your frustration!

I applied in July and have heard radio silence 😞 I don't know when to reach out and ask what the consensus is. UGH!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gabmar said:

I applied in July and have heard radio silence 😞 I don't know when to reach out and ask what the consensus is. UGH!

I can only advise not to contact them because it's no use. They just tell everyone it's a busy and competitive program and you'll hear when you'll hear. It sucks but we're all stuck in a waiting game 😭

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OriginJakuzure said:

I can only advise not to contact them because it's no use. They just tell everyone it's a busy and competitive program and you'll hear when you'll hear. It sucks but we're all stuck in a waiting game 😭

Ugh, god lmaoo. At least with other programs they're like "do not reach out until XX date if you have not received an interview or rejection" like at least give us a timeframe!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:40 PM, matoPAlife said:

Recently accepted and committed !!! Applied end of June,  interviewed end of November and got acceptance on 12/3 !! So excited to meet everyone ! I tried to get access to the Facebook SJU accpeted students group, but havent been let in yet? anyone else having the same issue? 

congratulations!! and yeah the same thing happened to me, it takes a few weeks to gain access! 

On 12/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, matoPAlife said:

Recently accepted and committed !!! Applied end of June,  interviewed end of November and got acceptance on 12/3 !! So excited to meet everyone ! I tried to get access to the Facebook SJU accpeted students group, but havent been let in yet? anyone else having the same issue? 

Congrats!! When was your interview in November??

On 12/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, futurepa2000 said:

I just got accepted into the program (Yay) but i cant seem to find the enrollment form in my portal/online.. did anyone else have this issue?

I’m having the same problem trying to figure out how to pay the deposit. Also when do our background screenings form need to be submitted? 

22 hours ago, Aysha said:

I’m having the same problem trying to figure out how to pay the deposit. Also when do our background screenings form need to be submitted? 

I called the office of graduate admission at 718-990-2000 and paid my deposit over the phone! you can also send a check. I was wondering the same thing ab the background check, haven't received any additional communication from the program since being accepted. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Chi99 said:

I also haven't heard back since September. I've been emailing and calling for months but I get the same response that it's been sent to the committee for further review. Should I assume that there are no more interviews/acceptances since I have yet to recieve a response?

It looks like previous years they sent out interviews through March but I am getting the same impression as you. I reached out recently trying to update my application and ask about when we should expect to hear back but they said "Unfortunately, we do not have an estimate of when applicants will hear back with a decision."

• Like 1