For all of you who helped

by filling out the survey I sent out through the NCCPA last year....

Here's one of the articles from the database. There will be more....

http://www.jaapa.com/a-descriptive-analysis-of-factors-influencing-physician-assistant-specialty-selection/article/247319/

Also just had an article accepted by Academic Emergency Medicine as well as another article accepted by JAAPA, both awaiting publication......5 others in various stages....(2 already submitted and going through review process)

Grant application going in next month to study shared decision making models among PAs and NPs on a statewide basis....and I got invited to participate as a researcher on an international research collaborative studying "Audit and Feedback" research on physicians.

So for all of you who helped by taking a few minutes to fill that survey out.....THANK YOU......I am forever indebted to you...You helped me get started down this path......

NOW, to find out how deep this rabbit hole goes.....

Strong work; I'm looking forward to the next publications. Are you at liberty to discuss the focus of the article for AEM? I'm in the process of authoring a position paper right now that relates to PA's in EM, and I've found that the published literature out there is fairly slim. If you get to press soon you might give me another citation!

Strong work; I'm looking forward to the next publications. Are you at liberty to discuss the focus of the article for AEM? I'm in the process of authoring a position paper right now that relates to PA's in EM, and I've found that the published literature out there is fairly slim. If you get to press soon you might give me another citation!

Use of a PA in a TLP role (Triage Liaison Provider)....Have a sub paper I am co-authoring on the same topic looking at something else.

1 paper is a SR on the effects of tort reform on physician/provider testing rates...1 is a SR, really meta-analyses, on the TLP role....1 is on background characteristics of primary care PA's (thinking of doing the same thing for EM PA's as well). I've already submitted an editorial on tort reform...and a paper on "Status and its effects on inter-professional dynamics in healthcare". I've also thought about writing up a couple of the weird presentations I've seen here as Case Reports (Ciguatera, CJD, MDD, etc)...

Additionally involved peripherally as a co-author on a few other papers looking at shared decision making models, etc.

I'm really excited about the AF invite. Well, excited and a little intimidated. The other researchers there are well established, well known. I'll just be the upstart.......the green novice....but oh well. It'll be a great learning experience.

Archived