GRE changed my percentiles!

I submitted my CASPA application yesterday. I had taken the GRE under the old scoring in 2011. When I filled out my scores into CASPA I had my official score report from ETS (GRE) in front of me and entered those exact percentages in my app. Last night I went online to ETS site to submit my official GRE scores to schools and was shocked to see they converted my scores (still had old scores there as well) to new scale and had changed the percentages!! 2 of the percentages went down and one went up. Since my CASPA has been submitted I cannot change the percentages I submitted. What are the schools that get my CASPA and

compare it to official score report going to think?? So upsetting. It looks like I was dishonest or stupid, or both.

Note to others, if you took old test, before you submit percentages in CASPA check ETS to confirm your percentages. Should I call CASPA or schools warn/discuss the difference in percentages?? :-_-: Advice anyone?

angie05, this happened to me as well! I have not yet submitted but I noticed that they had converted my scores and changed my percentiles when I went to investigate how to send more score reports - so the schools I am re-applying to will have my old scores/percentiles and the new schools I'm applying to will have the new adjusted scores/percentiles! Very frustrating. For everyone else out there - I called CASPA and they basically said they are not affiliated with ETS/GRE and reporting your scores on CASPA is completely optional (aka, they were not very helpful). I then called ETS/GRE and they said that if I order score reports now, both my old score (not percentile) and new converted score and new converted percentile will be reported to schools.

What I have decided to do is report the original old total score but not the percentile on CASPA since they changed those so at least my original old scores will be reported consistently from school to school. I hope this helps!

My scores didn't change but my percentile did. I updated it on CASPA (and I wasn't happy about it) but now I'm upset that ETS didn't tell us this would happen when we took the test. I took it in the summer when it was brand new and decided not to retake it only because my percentiles were so strong. Now that one of them dropped my more than 10% I wish I had retaken it, or at least sent the scores to the schools earlier so they had seen the better percentiles since some schools seem to track that rather than numbers. I'm really frustrated with ETS!

Archived