Retaking Course Advice

Hey!

I am an undergrad senior, and my sophomore year I studied abroad and took an intro evolution course. I had an extreme extenuating circumstance that caused me to miss the final for the course (which was worth 100% of the grade), and I had to retake the final 6 months later during midterms week of the following semester. The grade ended up transferring to my home institution as a C+, and I was wondering if I should retake the course. I know that CASPA does not do grade replacements, so I was wondering if I should just work at taking other upper-level science courses instead or if it is worth it retaking it to prove I can succeed in normal circumstances. 

Thanks for your help!

5 minutes ago, mbstudent99 said:

Hey!

I am an undergrad senior, and my sophomore year I studied abroad and took an intro evolution course. I had an extreme extenuating circumstance that caused me to miss the final for the course (which was worth 100% of the grade), and I had to retake the final 6 months later during midterms week of the following semester. The grade ended up transferring to my home institution as a C+, and I was wondering if I should retake the course. I know that CASPA does not do grade replacements, so I was wondering if I should just work at taking other upper-level science courses instead or if it is worth it retaking it to prove I can succeed in normal circumstances. 

Thanks for your help!

No, I don't think you need to retake that course. Evolution is not a prereq for PA school either. I would focus on succeeding in upper level science courses!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2