Western vs SCUHS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Graduated WesternU 2017. Currently doing temporary proctoring/instructing for physical exam/labs at SCUHS PA program.

WesternU was really great when I attended it 5 years ago. Faculty has changed quite a bit since then so I think you'd get a better feel for the program talking to a recent alumn or current student. WesternU has a bigger class size so you should expect some independence in terms of figuring out answers for yourselves before 90+ students bombarding one professor with questions. I did not mind the independence and thought curriculum was solid.

SCUHS is newer, but I have been impressed with the students' knowledge base and skills so far. Granted, I've only been with them for 3 weeks, but the PA students incorporate some of their classes with the chiropractic students so that they have a more versatile set of physical exam skills. They have been learning exactly what I learned at WesternU.

All in all, I'd say with two equal programs, you should go with the cheaper option. If you prefer a smaller class size and feel you could use the extra guidance and help associated with a smaller group, go with SCUHS.

• Thanks 1