Struggling in online PA school

Hi everyone! 

My program has been online since mid-March due to COVID and I'm having some trouble adjusting. We will be online for the rest of the summer and partially in the Fall as well (we will only be on campus for labs). I am back home, without classmates around to study with and motivate me. I feel extremely isolated and I have little to no motivation at all. I also went through a break up (dated the person for almost 2 years) 1 week before this semester started and I was so depressed that I couldn't study. I still feel extreme apathy and just want to stay in bed all day. Everything is done over zoom, but I don't even feel like I'm in PA school. We are monitored during exams, also over zoom by professors. 

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with online learning, because I know that many people actually may prefer it. I can understand why, especially if they have long commutes/kids/families 

I feel the exact same way. We have been online since the start of our program in May and we will only be in person for PE/Anatomy in the fall. Also right before the semester started I lost my best friend in the world, my buddy Zeus. A car hit him and ran right in front of me and he died in my arms. I feel like I had a hard time really grieving him with PA school starting right after. I'm not close to my family at all, and Zeus was all the family that I had, and now I just feel like I am going through PA school by myself. We will make it through though, I really feel like we have to! Keep your head high friend!

• 3 weeks later...

It's hard times for everyone, faculty included. No one goes into teaching to use Zoom all day. 

Make sure you get some fresh air and exercise. I'd also try to arrange some "social" Zoom meetings with classmates. You can still support each other. A virtual happy hour here and there can go a long way.