PANCE & Licensure Poll

Just took the PANCE - should I wait to submit my state licensure application (OH) until I find out if I have officially passed?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Just took the PANCE - should I wait to submit my state licensure application (OH) until I find out if I have officially passed?

• Yes - wait until you officially find out you passed
    • No - apply for licensure as soon as possible

I'm not sure how the process is now, but in 2007 I submitted everything I could ahead of time and this led to me getting licensed quicker.  That is what my PA program recommended and we had a speaker from OAPA come in to review the application process and they said the same thing.  This was back in the day when that not so nice lady (trying to be polite) ran the PA applicant show and wouldn't ever return a phone call.  At the time they required a copy of the NCCPA wall certificate.  So, when I got my wall certificate I was able to fax over a copy and my license went active that day.  Had I waited to submit everything it would have certainly taken longer.  So, I would recommend sending everything now.  I'm not sure how often they meet to approve new applicants, but if they only meet once a month, then your application could be approved sooner pending final submission of PANCE results.  Again, I'm not sure what their process is now.  Maybe they are reviewing applications more frequently and being that you can upload documents now, instead of snail mail, it is probably faster.  

• Upvote 1