Information sessions...two questions

1. Did you find that information sessions at the schools were helpful? In what ways?

2. Would it seem totally weird (and unprofessional) to send a proxy? I am currently overseas with the military, so I cannot attend a session myself at my #1 choice for PA school. However, my family lives in the same town, and one of them would probably go for me. My hope is to apply to that school the next cycle after returning to the States.

My main concern is missing something that might give me an edge in the selection process. But I don't want to give the wrong impression so early in the process. Thoughts?

1. Did you find that information sessions at the schools were helpful? In what ways?

2. Would it seem totally weird (and unprofessional) to send a proxy? I am currently overseas with the military, so I cannot attend a session myself at my #1 choice for PA school. However, my family lives in the same town, and one of them would probably go for me. My hope is to apply to that school the next cycle after returning to the States.

My main concern is missing something that might give me an edge in the selection process. But I don't want to give the wrong impression so early in the process. Thoughts?

1) Yes and no. I found that with due diligence a lot of the information was readily available by doing my own research beforehand. However, that helped me pick out those nuggets of wisdom that were bestowed upon those in attendance from the program directors, staff, etc themselves. I would say about 85% of questions asked at the info sessions I thought to myself, "Man thats on the website, look it up first before you ask." But to each their own.

2) Thats totally acceptable. Let your family get a feel for the program, the staff, etc. There's no harm in that at all IMO.

1) Yes and no. I found that with due diligence a lot of the information was readily available by doing my own research beforehand. However, that helped me pick out those nuggets of wisdom that were bestowed upon those in attendance from the program directors, staff, etc themselves. I would say about 85% of questions asked at the info sessions I thought to myself, "Man thats on the website, look it up first before you ask." But to each their own.

2) Thats totally acceptable. Let your family get a feel for the program, the staff, etc. There's no harm in that at all IMO.

Archived