So I have a couple questions for all PAs.

Have you worked with a difficult doctor? How did you handle the issue? Has a doctor ever question your plan of care for a patient or your education?

Was there a doctor who believed in you an helped you grow as a person/PA?

I know that the relationship between a doctor an PA is extremely important. But just curious bout the dynamics of the worse an best ones an how someone may react to it an how they may fix it.

Thank you for any answers. I'm not a PA yet, but really thinking about it an really want to get the best understanding of every side of it before I make a choice. Again, thank you everyone!

So I have a couple questions for all PAs.

Have you worked with a difficult doctor? How did you handle the issue? Has a doctor ever question your plan of care for a patient or your education?

Was there a doctor who believed in you an helped you grow as a person/PA?

I know that the relationship between a doctor an PA is extremely important. But just curious bout the dynamics of the worse an best ones an how someone may react to it an how they may fix it.

Thank you for any answers. I'm not a PA yet, but really thinking about it an really want to get the best understanding of every side of it before I make a choice. Again, thank you everyone!

I'm not a PA but I have talked to many working PAs. Their experiences vary.

An example of a good doc: During a surgical procedure the supervising doctor would literally have some sort of drawing board nearby and draw out what was going on, what they were doing, and even give the PAs a chance to try something new like cutting opening the patient and such.

Example of a bad doc: One who was not around at all to help and pretty much would say you are on your own. This might actual be preferable to some but new grads I've spoken to find this terrifying. I'm sure there are also those out there that disagree with you treatment plan and give you a hard time.

So far I've gotten a 50/50 response. Half the PAs I talk to say they work with good drs while half say they work with bad ones.

I'm not a PA but I have talked to many working PAs. Their experiences vary.

An example of a good doc: During a surgical procedure the supervising doctor would literally have some sort of drawing board nearby and draw out what was going on, what they were doing, and even give the PAs a chance to try something new like cutting opening the patient and such.

Example of a bad doc: One who was not around at all to help and pretty much would say you are on your own. This might actual be preferable to some but new grads I've spoken to find this terrifying. I'm sure there are also those out there that disagree with you treatment plan and give you a hard time.

So far I've gotten a 50/50 response. Half the PAs I talk to say they work with good drs while half say they work with bad ones.

Most of us who have worked for a long time have had our spectrum of physicians. I've worked with two from hell (serious mental health issues) and two or three tremendous ones ( incredible support) and a lot in between.

The two doctors from hell were so bad that the only solution was to get out of those situations ASAP. You can not reform someone with a serious borderline personality disorder. It always goes from bad to worse. I wish I could have worked with the great physicians forever. My SP now is one of those. I know in a couple of years he will retire and I will loose him.

Most of us who have worked for a long time have had our spectrum of physicians. I've worked with two from hell (serious mental health issues) and two or three tremendous ones ( incredible support) and a lot in between.

The two doctors from hell were so bad that the only solution was to get out of those situations ASAP. You can not reform someone with a serious borderline personality disorder. It always goes from bad to worse. I wish I could have worked with the great physicians forever. My SP now is one of those. I know in a couple of years he will retire and I will loose him.

Archived