CNA position

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding a CNA position/course. I will be starting the 4 week course this coming July 9th. It's given free by a nursing home/rehab facility and in return they hope that you work as a CNA for them. I haven't passed the course yet, obviously, so I cann't say "for sure" that I will have the job...however I am already an EMT and I am certain that I will pass.

How can I add this into CASPA? Many programs look for things such as CNA, EMT, so I don't want to leave it out of the application.

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding a CNA position/course. I will be starting the 4 week course this coming July 9th. It's given free by a nursing home/rehab facility and in return they hope that you work as a CNA for them. I haven't passed the course yet, obviously, so I cann't say "for sure" that I will have the job...however I am already an EMT and I am certain that I will pass.

How can I add this into CASPA? Many programs look for things such as CNA, EMT, so I don't want to leave it out of the application.

I agree with mkels. You could mention it in your personal statement, but in my opinion, what you have done and what you plan to do are two very different things. In addition, without a governing body awarding you your certification, I'm not certain your CNA certification will carry much weight one way or the other. Good luck with the upcoming admissions cycle!

I agree with mkels. You could mention it in your personal statement, but in my opinion, what you have done and what you plan to do are two very different things. In addition, without a governing body awarding you your certification, I'm not certain your CNA certification will carry much weight one way or the other. Good luck with the upcoming admissions cycle!

Thanks for the ideas. I will be certified by the state, so it's not just a recognition that the extended-stay facility gives me. Mkels, how might I be able to include this under future plans? Would I be able to put it under Health Care Experience and then select the start date as August 2012?

Thanks for the ideas. I will be certified by the state, so it's not just a recognition that the extended-stay facility gives me. Mkels, how might I be able to include this under future plans? Would I be able to put it under Health Care Experience and then select the start date as August 2012?

Archived