My Graduate School Chances

Hi everyone,

I'm a freshman at Chapman University studying pre-pa. Even though I'm only a first year student, I'm still concerned about my future. I heard Chapman's PA graduate school only accepts a few people (less than 10, I believe) from Chapman undergraduate. It seems like this kind of accepting rate is common among the PA grad schools. Should I be worried? I'm not even sure if I can go to a PA grad school right after undergrad. It seems like people are working after undergrad and I respect that, but I would want to go to grad school right after undergrad. My GPA's around 3.3-3.4 at the moment and I'm not sure if I can get into any grad schools.

Long story short, do you guys have any comments/replies for my concerns for grad school? What should I do to increase my chances of getting into my dream schools? Is it worth becoming a PA if I'm going to be in grad school for 30 months? Isn't that just a little bit shorter from med schools? Thanks so much.

A lot can change between now and graduation (and applying to PA school). I ended my sophomore year of college with a 3.1....recognized it needed to be higher and finished undergrad after some serious work with a 3.53 GPA.

Keep up the good work and slowly increase your GPA, work on PCE, community service/volunteering, and you'll have no problem getting interviews.

Only you can decide if PA school is worth 30 months when compared to going to med school.

Good luck!