GRE postponed

Hello everyone! 

I was planning to take my GRE’s soon so that I’d have 15 days to get the results and submit everything early or have the times to retake them of necessary. Now all GRE tests are postponed due to COVID-19.

Will this effect my applications/timeline. I’m worried that my applications won’t be considered complete or schools won’t even look at it until they receive the score. 

I’m not sure when I’ll be able to take the exam. I read that registration may not be open until July?!

Is anyone else having an issue with this or is concerned or have advice?

Thank you!

yes I was also going to take the GRE soon, but now I don't see that happening anytime soon. This may not be the same kind of situation, but my boyfriend received an email from the grad school (exercise physiology) that he was going to apply to which also had the GRE requirement, and they told him that due to the circumstances the GRE will no longer be a requirement for their application cycle. I kind of hope that this will also be the same kind of situation for us!

10 hours ago, AspiringFuturePA2022 said:

yes I was also going to take the GRE soon, but now I don't see that happening anytime soon. This may not be the same kind of situation, but my boyfriend received an email from the grad school (exercise physiology) that he was going to apply to which also had the GRE requirement, and they told him that due to the circumstances the GRE will no longer be a requirement for their application cycle. I kind of hope that this will also be the same kind of situation for us!

Glad to know I’m not alone in this! I was sort of wondering if they would be waved this cycle. I also read a statement on the ETS site from about 2 weeks ago that said they might be considering having people take a proctored test online from home? I emailed them about that but haven’t gotten a response yet  and haven’t seen any updates.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:48 PM, PAprogram33 said:

Glad to know I’m not alone in this! I was sort of wondering if they would be waved this cycle. I also read a statement on the ETS site from about 2 weeks ago that said they might be considering having people take a proctored test online from home? I emailed them about that but haven’t gotten a response yet  and haven’t seen any updates.

I received an email from ETS saying that they are allowing for people in the US to take the GRE at home if you have the proper environment/ computer. 
https://www.ets.org/s/cv/gre/at-home/?WT.ac=GRE_at_home_200320&utm_source=vanity&utm_medium=vanity&utm_campaign=GREatHome&utm_content=at-home