Pre-pharmacy to PA? Need advice/opinion

Hello,I am currently going into my senior year of undergraduate and was planning to apply for pharmacy school this upcoming cycle. Now I am having 2nd thoughts and some input would be greatly appreciated. I've been for the most part a "pre-pharmacy" student, but have ALWAYS loved what the PA field had to offer. I really do love patient interaction and that is something that is sorely lacking in retail pharmacy. Basically my question is what are my chances of getting into a PA program?

I've worked as a pharm tech for almost 2 years now, but do PA schools count this as "clinical experience"? I guess my only other relevant experience would be volunteering about 50-70 hours at my local hospital, 50 hours at a low cost health clinic, and about another 100 hours at a dementia care community (not sure if this counts either).

GPA wise not too great, Have about a 3.5 cum and a 3.2 sci. I am currently performing research at my university if that counts for anything.

Really just looking for an honest assessment on my chances of getting accepted into a PA program for the upcoming cycle. If I stand a decent chance, im thinking of spending my summer volunteering at the local clinic to accumulate as many hours as I can prior to applying.

Hello,I am currently going into my senior year of undergraduate and was planning to apply for pharmacy school this upcoming cycle. Now I am having 2nd thoughts and some input would be greatly appreciated. I've been for the most part a "pre-pharmacy" student, but have ALWAYS loved what the PA field had to offer. I really do love patient interaction and that is something that is sorely lacking in retail pharmacy. Basically my question is what are my chances of getting into a PA program?

I've worked as a pharm tech for almost 2 years now, but do PA schools count this as "clinical experience"? I guess my only other relevant experience would be volunteering about 50-70 hours at my local hospital, 50 hours at a low cost health clinic, and about another 100 hours at a dementia care community (not sure if this counts either).

GPA wise not too great, Have about a 3.5 cum and a 3.2 sci. I am currently performing research at my university if that counts for anything.

Really just looking for an honest assessment on my chances of getting accepted into a PA program for the upcoming cycle. If I stand a decent chance, im thinking of spending my summer volunteering at the local clinic to accumulate as many hours as I can prior to applying.

Archived